[hatari-devel] LMC1992 and Microwire emulation

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Wed Mar 31 21:40:14 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Wednesday 31 March 2010, Anders Eriksson wrote:
> I've tested the latest Hatari as of this morning.
>
> The bass/treble levels seems better, but still not quite on level
> with a real STe. Also it leaves some high-pitch noise sound now and then.
>
> Example: http://ae.dhs.nu/tmp/phazer_hg4.mp3
> From real STe: http://ae.dhs.nu/tmp/phazer_ste.mp3
>

> I also tested a couple of other STe-demos and found qute bad sound
> distortion, examples:
>
> 1. Dynamite demo by Unit 17
>   - Demo: http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=30915
>   - Hatari mp3: http://ae.dhs.nu/tmp/dynamite_20100331.mp3

Bad:

In their E.P.S.S. demo, one channel doesn't seem to sound at all.
(There's one volume bar moving at the beginning of the demo, but
no sound is heard.)

And after the demo has been running for maybe 5 minutes, it aborts with:
hatari: cycInt.c:377: CycInt_AddRelativeInterruptWithOffset: Assertion
`CycleTime >= 0' failed.
Aborted

STE stereo music is again broken in PowerUp game.

Zero-5 game demo startup sound is still broken.

I think Utopos demo sound is better than last week but still has glitches &
scratches.

Sound volume in Cream's Madness music demo is now really, really low.

Last two are regressions from Hatari 1.3.x.

Good:

Attackwave sound is still OK (better than before patches).

If in "Penta" game one selects both "Music and effects", there were sound
glitches when moving the focus in game menu, that's now fixed (or at least
better).