[hatari-devel] Demo regression between 1.3.1 and current version

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Tue Mar 23 21:32:49 CET 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 23 March 2010, Jérôme VERNET wrote:
> There is a regression between Hatari 1.3.1 and current mercurial, at
> least on one demo, PACEMAKER, for STe. The third screen (two textured
> balls) doesn't display correctly anymore. Tested on my MacOsX Build and
> on Debian. It work on 1.3.1 under Windows.

I can confirm this regression.  The lower of the bumbmapped balls has
some bitmap over it which flickers.

This is what the demo docs say of this screen:
    1. Double Hires-Bumpmapper
       This effect is based on hardware scrolling and screen
       splitting. Two individial bump-mappers are rendered and
       brought on screen to the correct position using the hard-
       ware-scrolling, and in the middle of the screen, the
       second bump-mapper's screen is shuffled in.
       No chance to do it this quickly with a 320 x 200 bumpmap
       on the ST in this resolution.

The problem is there also with Hatari version from 12th of this month,
so it's not completely recent.