[hatari-devel] LMC1992 and Microwire emulation

Anders Eriksson ae at dhs.nu
Mon Mar 22 08:49:51 CET 2010

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:

> I've found and corrected the mixing DMA + Yamaha's bug.
> Now, Phazer (by 505 from Blubber demo) plays well.
>
> Would you please test again and tell me if everything is OK and accurate (by
> comparing with the real hardware) ?
>
> Could you test some more programs or demos and tell me is there's still
> problems with DMA sound (STE/TT mode only, not Falcon)

Hi!

I've tested with 505's Phazer and yep no more noise and the bass/treble
filters are there on both DMA and YM. Good work!

The levels on bass/treble seems a bit off though. The Hatari filters are a
little weaker as far as my ears can tell, please compare these two mp3's:

Latest HG: http://ae.dhs.nu/tmp/phazer_hg3.mp3
Real STe: http://ae.dhs.nu/tmp/phazer_ste.mp3

Unfortenly I am not good enough with audio to do real measurements, but I
think the differencies are quite easy to hear :)

--
Anders Eriksson
ae at dhs.nu     http://www.dhs.nu/