[hatari-devel] pause and fullscreen behaviour

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Sun Mar 21 16:24:56 CET 2010

Hi,

On Monday 07 December 2009, npomarede at corp.free.fr wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Dec 2009, Eero Tamminen wrote:
>> On Sunday 06 December 2009, npomarede at corp.free.fr wrote:
>>> I see that when you pause Hatari and press F11 to go/exit fullscreen,
>>> the pause is removed when the resolution is changed.
>>>
>>> I think it would be better to leave Hatari in its previous state when
>>> pressing F11
>>
>> Attached patch does this.
>
>>> (in case you want to precisely look at something on the screen).
>>
>> But it doesn't help with this.
>>
>> When you go to fullscreen, SDL updates go to another window which
>> doesn't get updated content until emulation runs again.
>
> So, you mean the window would stay black until unpause ?
>
> In that case, perhaps we could "refresh" the window once ?

Refresh functions are (at least currently) separate for Falcon, TT, ST/STE
and VDI mode needs to be taken into account.

But emulator unpausing by itself can be quite annoying if one doesn't
know about it, so I finally fixed it:
	http://hg.berlios.de/repos/hatari/rev/3bf843d5ae90
	http://hg.berlios.de/repos/hatari/rev/5e82d68ba1b0