[hatari-devel] CMake floppy target

Thomas Huth huth at users.berlios.de
Sun Mar 21 15:21:14 CET 2010

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 15:25:44 +0200
Eero Tamminen <eerot at users.berlios.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 21 March 2010, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > Eero Tamminen <eerot at users.berlios.de> wrote:
> > > Scanning dependencies of target Floppy
> > > [  1%] Building C object src/CMakeFiles/Floppy.dir/dim.c.o
> > > [  2%] Building C object src/CMakeFiles/Floppy.dir/msa.c.o
> > > [  3%] Building C object src/CMakeFiles/Floppy.dir/st.c.o
> > > [  4%] Building C object src/CMakeFiles/Floppy.dir/zip.c.o
> > > Linking C static library
> > > libFloppy.a
> > >
> > > I wonder why unzip.c isn't there.  It's needed by zip.c which is
> > > already included and it's needed by hmsa that links Floppy
> > > library:
> >
> > unzip.c is not part of the floppy subsystem. It's generic zip
> > uncompression functions. It is also used by other parts of Hatari,
> > e.g. for loading zipped TOS ROM images.
>
> Why zip.c is there?  It's used by other parts of Hatari too, at least
> file.c, and it depends on unzip.c.

Hm, I think it's grown historically this way. zip.c started as a
file for floppy disks only, then at one point in time got this
dependency to file.c, too...
If you're picky, feel free to clean it up.

> CMake stuff doesn't work for me properly yet (and I'm not completely
> happy with the defaults it uses).  I guess we'll see after Hatari 1.4
> release whether there are others with similar issues.

Any chance that you can figure out the problem with hatari.1.gz ? You
are the only one so far who ran into this problem, so maybe it's just
the cmake version of your Debian that is too old...?
(By the way, I am using "cmake version 2.6-patch 4")

> I'm fine for removing the normal Makefiles sometime before v1.5
> release, then the CMake stuff should be tested widely & working well
> enough.

Ok.

 Thomas