[hatari-devel] CMake floppy target

Thomas Huth huth at users.berlios.de
Sun Mar 21 13:33:03 CET 2010

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:48:32 +0200
Eero Tamminen <eerot at users.berlios.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While testing CMake I noticed that it has a separate sub-target for
> Floppy stuff:
> Scanning dependencies of target Floppy
> [  1%] Building C object src/CMakeFiles/Floppy.dir/dim.c.o
> [  2%] Building C object src/CMakeFiles/Floppy.dir/msa.c.o
> [  3%] Building C object src/CMakeFiles/Floppy.dir/st.c.o
> [  4%] Building C object src/CMakeFiles/Floppy.dir/zip.c.o
> Linking C static library
> libFloppy.a
>
> I wonder why unzip.c isn't there.  It's needed by zip.c which is
> already included and it's needed by hmsa that links Floppy library:

unzip.c is not part of the floppy subsystem. It's generic zip
uncompression functions. It is also used by other parts of Hatari, e.g.
for loading zipped TOS ROM images.

> Btw. Wouldn't it make sense to put these C files to a separate
> subdirectory and do the library also with normal Makefiles, not just
> with CMake?

Do you think that it still makes sense to spent this extra effort for
the old Makefiles? We should really focus on _one_ build system, and
soon get rid of this double maintenance.

 Thomas