[hatari-devel] updates to cmake build system

npomarede at corp.free.fr npomarede at corp.free.fr
Sat Mar 13 18:17:18 CET 2010

Hello,

I updated the cmake files today for better windows support.

cmake will now handle the .rc file in gui-win, which means the executable
will contain the correct hatari icon and this icon will be displayed on
Windows' desktop for example.

Also, in order to ease the needed work when we release a new version, I
added a toolchain to build the windows version under linux (or any other
OS with a working mingw setup). This is quite handy as it avoids to reboot
with windows, as everything can be done under linux.

In order to cross compile this version, you should have the mingw version
of all headers/dll installed in your mingw's sysroot directory.

Then just go to the source dir and type :

cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=cmake/Toolchain-mingw32.cmake .

(a few warnings regarding some printf conversions used for --trace may
appear, but they're harmless)

I built a windows version using old Makefile system and new cmake system,
which worked correctly under windows (as well as under wine for linux).

But I havent tried to compile it directly under windows, nor under OSX.

Could people using these OS report if things still work with cmake ?

Nicolas