[hatari-devel] LMC1992 and Microwire emulation

npomarede at corp.free.fr npomarede at corp.free.fr
Sun Mar 7 22:50:25 CET 2010

On Sun, 7 Mar 2010, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:

> I totally agree with you.
>
> The main problem is that I've only got a 520 STf.
>
> Another point, if we want to be accurate is the 8 cpu cycles interrupt for
> the Microwire.
> If a 68000 instruction takes 50 cycles (for examples), we should detect this
> and rotate the microwire mask 6 times instead of only one.

Thomas added some code in DmaSnd_InterruptHandler_Microwire some times ago
to handle a part of this, but it's true the interrupt will only rotate one
time per cpu instruction.

I will try to look at this some day (don't have time at the moment), but
even if precision is better, do we know a demo/program that doesn't work
today because of this (it would be needed to verify the modification is
OK) ?

If there's no program that bug because of this, then this could be fixed
later, but not as a priority.

> Nicolas, you know how to do this better than me, could you add this feature ?
>
> I'll try to have a look at the bass and treble algos during this time.
>
> Regards,
>
> Laurent

Nicolas