[hatari-devel] [hatari-users] User selectable threshold for window zooming

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Fri Mar 5 23:21:53 CET 2010

Hi,

(summary: this was commited)

On Thursday 04 February 2010, Thomas Huth wrote:
>> For screen to get more than doubled, the original width would need to
>> be < 267 pixels and height < 184 pixels which at least I've never
>> seen... And ST/STE resolutions are never zoomed more than double.
>
> You haven't seen a lot of Falcon demos yet, have you? ;-)
> Try "Terrorize your soul" for example, it switches to 320x100 or so a
> couple of times... that means nScreenZoomY has been set to 5 with the
> old code, that's a lot more than simply doubling the resolution...

There's now two level scaling.  First to correct the screen aspect ratio,
and then additional integer scaling factor added on top of that (which is
same in both directions) to get closer to user specified Max resolution.

User can disable both of these separately. I just commited the Screen
dialog split into Monitor & Window dialogs and added this option to Monitor
dialog.

Btw. As the Videl register based scaling / doubling didn't work for things
like Yepyha and was a bit complicated, I replaced it with simple scaling
just in hostscreen which is based on the the ratio of requested width and
height and achieves exactly the same thing, but more reliably :-).

With that and the default Max width/height zooming I added, e.g. Alive demo
window size changes seem to mostly go away, and the demo is fully watchable
in fullscreen.

Please test (I'm away during weekend). The change was a large and concerns
both ST/STE and Falcon/TT screen handling so there can (will?) be bugs.