[hatari-devel] Release list (was Demos tested today, some more demos tested)

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Mon Mar 1 22:45:04 CET 2010

Hi,

On Saturday 27 February 2010, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> My list for debugger:
>
> * Testing the new debugger features & changes more and fixing any found
>   issues (Laurent has already reported several ones I've recently fixed)
>
> * Removing breakpoints from the memory state.  Breakpoints and other
>   debugger commands can be done at startup by giving a debugger
>   commands file with the new  --parse command line option (which still
>   needs to be documented).

Done.  Breakpoints go now to a separate file (.break).  They're in the same
format as the debugger input file, so you can even edit them before
restoring a memory snapshot.

Btw. I had earlier a question about the comment char in debugger ini file,
should it be '#' or e.g. ';'?

> * Adding a debugger section to config file which has:
>   - number base (moved from log section)
>   - disasm & memdump default number of lines settings

Memory snapshot currently contains disasm & memdump addresses, but like
breakpoints, those aren't part of the emulated Atari state, so I thought
they could be also removed.

Disasm address is anyway reseted to PC on entering the debugger, so it's
quite useless, unless one restores the state from the debugger directly...
What about the memdump address, is that more useful to be saved?
(I could put it into same file with breakpoints)