[hatari-devel] Hatari windows binary (test needed)

Thomas Huth huth at users.berlios.de
Sun Feb 28 15:56:39 CET 2010

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 13:26:10 +0100 (CET)
npomarede at corp.free.fr wrote:

> Thomas, for the built you made :
>   - did you enable --trace option ?

Tracing is enabled by default in the toplevel CMakeLists.txt:

set(ENABLE_TRACING 1
    CACHE BOOL "Enable tracing messages for debugging")

>   - pressing alt+pause doesn't enter the debug mode but just pause
> hatari. do we need a console or something else to enable it ?

There is some special code in src/gui-win/opencon.c for opening a new
console window. It's not compiled into the Hatari executable on windows
yet, someone got to translate the Makefile there into a CMakeLists.txt
first (I could do this "blindly", but I do not have any possibility for
testing this anymore, so I'd prefer if someone else could do this step).

>   - the release dir hatari-1.3.1_windows contained sdl.dll, but
> shouldn't we include zlib1.dll ? (it prevents running from wine for
> example and I don't know if it's always available under windows too)

On my ex-Windows system, it also used to work without zlib.dll (maybe
because I had it somewhere in th \Windows folder already), but I
remember that one or two users complained about this missing dll. So
yes, you should better include this DLL in the Hatari package, too.

 Thomas