[hatari-devel] Hostscreen path -

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Sun Feb 28 14:35:59 CET 2010

Hi,

On Sunday 28 February 2010, Konador, Cyprian wrote:
> > > I've just added condition that width can't be smaller than height.
> >
> > I think this is monitor specific, so there should probably be a Hatari
> > window option for it.
>
> Is there any any benefit of giving that option to user?

What you prevented was use of resolution that is higher than wide,
not rotation.  So that's naturally what should be presented to user
(and explained e.g. in manual that it may cause some displays to
rotate the screen contents).

> Occurence of this screen rotation is unforeseeable for user and I thing
> that would be better just to prevent it (like my patch do).

Some user may have screen that is higher than wide (e.g. if it has a pivot
and one uses it normally in portrait orientation) in which case preventing
hatari screen from being higher than wide is pretty annoying.