[hatari-devel] Debugger commands file?

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Sat Feb 27 21:32:20 CET 2010

Hi,

On Saturday 27 February 2010, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> I added "parse" command to debugger and "--parse <file>" command line
> option to Hatari which reads the debugger commands from a file.
>
> This way you can easily setup symbols, breakpoints etc.  And it's easy to
> have them "project" specific by putting them to different directories.
>
> To make loading of extra files (like symbols) easier, the command will
> change Hatari work directory to the same directory as where
> the debugger commands file is.

I found some issues from new debugger code that I need to fix for this to
work with most debugger commands when Hatari is still starting up and
parsing command line (i.e. when neither CPU nor DSP emulation are yet
running).

But before that, what would be suitable character to use for indicating
comments in these files?

In symbol files I used '#' for comments (same as in shell scripts and
Makefiles), but '#' is currently used in the debugger to denote decimal
numbers.  I could use e.g. ';' which is is used in Devpac as comment marker,
but that's then inconsistent with the symbols files.

So, what character I should use?

(I.e. should I change symbols file comment char or debugger decimal
indicator?)