[hatari-devel] Demos tested today, some more demos tested

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Sat Feb 27 21:06:38 CET 2010

Hi,

On Saturday 27 February 2010, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
> YESSS,
>
> It works in true color mode 320*200
>
> Thoty's rulezzzzz ;)
>
> Another demo that works.
>
> Eero, if you're OK, I can add all these demos to the compatibility list.

Sure, but skip the crap ones, there are too many demos to list all of them.
(There are few enough games & apps that specific for STE & Falcon that
I think it's fine list all of them, but same is not true for demos or ST
stuff).

Initially some Falcon demos were listed just because they worked, but
I think we should now add only things that either:
- do something (from the emulation point of view) that other demos don't
  do (entry should mention what so that we have a test-case for  that
  feature),
- do something which Hatari cannot emulate yet, or
- are exceptionally good or otherwise notable :-)

> Another point : I've read somewhere that there's a DMA sound problem
> with a Ste demo at 50 Khz.
> Could someone send me this music disk demo. I'll give it a try.

There's Power Up STE game (I'll send it to you), and "Systematic error"
STE demo is listed as having distorted DMA sound (list has link to
pouet.net), but that comment is from Hatari v1.1 and pouet.net doesn't
have a link to video where one could check what it should sound like...

The sound issue could also be related to microwire emulation?