[hatari-devel] Hostscreen path -

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Sat Feb 27 14:53:01 CET 2010

Hi,

On Saturday 27 February 2010, Konador, Cyprian wrote:
> sometimes ago I requested two issues -  screen's anticlockwise rotation
> and switching - fullscreen/windowed mode. Attached you can find the patch
> for both issues.
>
> First issue:
> Desktop in VGA mode 320x240 and TV 320x212  (200 + statusbar) was
> anticlockwise rotated in fullscreen. I found out that function
> HostScreen_selectVideoMode for both requested resolutions, returned
> 384x512 for LCD, or 480x640. Both modes are displayed as anticlockwise
> rotated.
>
> I've just added condition that width can't be smaller than height.

I think this is monitor specific, so there should probably be a Hatari
window option for it.

I can look into that once my Screen dialog splitup gets in, see the patch
I had in the "User selectable threshold for window zooming" mail thread.

> Second issue:
> is related to first one. Desktop in VGA mode 320x240 and TV 320x212 in
> fullscreen is 384x512 for LCD. When I go back to windowed mode, screen
> height was restored properly, but width stay at 384px.
>
> I've defined new variable screenwidth (similar to screenheight)
>
> What you are you thinking about adding it into current release?

I'll look into fixing the issue, but I think it needs a bit more work.

From my earlier look into hostscreen code, I think the same can happen also
for the width.  I.e. both the requested width and height need to be
remembered and fullscreening should use those instead of the current SDL
resolution.