[hatari-devel] Release list (was Demos tested today, some more demos tested)

npomarede at corp.free.fr npomarede at corp.free.fr
Sat Feb 27 00:48:51 CET 2010

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 27 February 2010, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
>>  From my point of view, Hatari's falcon emulation is now quite mature,
>> stable and robust.
>>
>> There are still some programs that don't work, but they're not the
>> majority now.
>
> Btw. Your crossbar stuff is being finished and my debugger stuff is being
> also finished.  Do you have something larger still pending?
>
> I have a couple of Hatari bugs (not emulation) I'd like to look at and
> besides the debugger stuff I'm going to finish the Falcon window zooming
> & fullscreen switching thing.  But those should be done within few weeks...
>
> Nicolas, would it be soon a time for a new Hatari release? :-)

I discussed this with thomas at one time, and march seemed a good date to
try to do a release.

It might be a little early for me now, as there're a few things with
video/mfp I'd like to sort, but maybe we could try to target mid-april
(I'd also like to build a cross compiler chain under my linux box to be
able to compile windows binaries without having to boot under windows ;
adding a mingw-under-linux target to cmake would be nice too).

So, what is everyone's list of things to finish in the next weeks ? Here's
a short list to start :

  - ste's screen centering in 224 bytes overscan (nicolas)
  - mfp delay (bolo, audio art, super hang on) (nicolas)
  - clean makefiles in case some files are redundant with cmake (eero,
    thomas ?)
  - clean/fix some possible remaining issues in dsp/dma (I think lmc as
    used in STE for volume control will not make it for 1.4) (laurent)
  - X/Y scaling patch by eero ; I didn't really test this, it seems some
    tests would be needed against a real falcon ?
  - ...

Any others ideas are welcome !

Nicolas