[hatari-devel] I'm lucky ;) K.prg is working

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Tue Feb 23 22:14:40 CET 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 23 February 2010, npomarede at corp.free.fr wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
> > OK, I'll try all these tests tonight.
> > But just a last question :
> >
> > Why shouldn't we execute some DSP code if there was an exception or
> > interrupt ?
> > (the return after do_specialties ())
>
> You're right, I didn't pay attention to this, but this is obviously wrong
> to return without running the dsp part.

If you check what do_specialties() does, it causes return only in two cases:
1. CPU type is changed (causes reset I think)
2. Quit request from user (click to close button, AltGr+Q, quit in debugger)

So I don't see how it could be causing K to work or not to work.

As user can in some 2) cases cancel the quit, it's correct to
still run DSP though.

> But moving dsp code block is not completly correct, because at that point
> (before do_specialites) "cycles" doesn't take into account the number of
> cycles generated by the exception.

But as DSP is running in real HW at the same time as CPU, it in Hatari
waiting for exceptions isn't necessarily right either...

> I will try to post a patch this evening that solves both cases.

Attached is patch that solves the return case.

	- Eero