[hatari-devel] Just for fun : Winrec under hatari

Laurent Sallafranque laurent.sallafranque at free.fr
Mon Feb 22 22:11:48 CET 2010

The FS value is always 0.

The problem is really easy to reproduce under Winrec (but I can see it
very often, with many programs).

Just open winrec, select DSP borg effect, check the DSP effect at play
and allow the effect.

Then, just play with gem. ( move the DSP effect window for example, or
check a checkbox, or ...)

Any graphical access creates noise.

Another way to hear it :
In llamazap, music is perfect as long as there's no moving sprite on
screen.
As soon as there's a sprite, sound quality decrease.
When there are many sprites, sound quality is horrible.
When all sprites are away, sound quality becomes perfect again.

Isn't there something in video routines that increase cpu cycle counter
by a big number at once ?
(As I use cycle counter nearly "at cycle", it would explain things).
(blitter for example).

Regards,

Laurent