[hatari-devel] cmake doesn't find readline

Thomas Huth huth at users.berlios.de
Sun Feb 21 19:46:10 CET 2010

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 19:02:26 +0200
Eero Tamminen <eerot at users.berlios.de> wrote:

> > What *.in files are you talking about? I did not remove anything
> > from the autoconf build system yet, I only removed the old Xcode
> > project files.
>
> As there was Makefile.cnf.in, I thought there should be config.h.in
> too. But it's actually created by configure.ac...  Doh.
>
> Maybe it's better to remove configure.ac anyway, it seems I'm too
> confused about it anyway (I'm much more familiar with plain GNU
> make).  I guess that means Makefile.cnf.in can be removed too...

That's why I tend to call that stuff "autopain" ;-) It's way too
complicated to be really maintainable.
I've removed the autoconf files now, I think the cmake build system is
good enough to replace it now.

> Btw. the config-default.h is currently missing defines for
> posix_memalign / valloc / etc stuff.
>
> You earlier said that:
> "IIRC the valloc call was the only function that was available
> everywhere. posix_memalign() was not available on MinGW, memalign()
> was not available on Mac OS X."
>
> Is posix_memalign() available on OSX?

I think it was available there... but it doesn't matter, since Hatari
for Mac OS X should now be built with the cmake build system - and that
properly detects whether this function is available or not.

 Thomas