[hatari-devel] cmake doesn't find readline

Thomas Huth huth at users.berlios.de
Sun Feb 21 17:15:18 CET 2010

 Hi Eero!

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:54:48 +0200
Eero Tamminen <eerot at users.berlios.de> wrote:

> Btw. I quickly looked into the configure.ac and as the *.in files are
> already removed, configure.ac itself cannot work anymore.   I.e. feel
> free to remove it.

What *.in files are you talking about? I did not remove anything from
the autoconf build system yet, I only removed the old Xcode project
files.

> > 3) Do an out-of-source build instead, i.e. run the initial "cmake"
> > from a separate folder that is not part of the source tree.
>
> I think this is the best alternative.  Maybe the "configure" wrapper
> you've added for CMake could automatically cause the build to be done
> in a separate build subdirectory?

The configure script behaves like proper automake-style configure
scripts behave, too: It creates the build directory in the folder from
wherever it has been called. For example if you have a folder called
"hatari-src" with the sources and one called "hatari-build" for the
build files, you would do something like this:

 cd hatari-build
 ../hatari-src/configure
 make

 Thomas