[hatari-devel] Aniplayer DSP issues?

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Sat Feb 20 18:02:13 CET 2010

Hi,

I downloaded the latest Aniplayer from here:
	http://pagesperso-orange.fr/didierm/index-e.htm

But it's having some problems.  E.g. playing two FLI files (foreman.fli and
hands.fli) after each other gives infinitely this:
	Dsp: 0x7eb3: 0x000032 unknown instruction
	Dsp: 0x7eb3: 0x000032 unknown instruction

If I do it in the Falcon TC + 80 columns + interlace mode (with 14MB RAM).

With smaller screen mode or less colors I don't get the DSP errors, but
after closing the playing window for the second movie, the Aniplayer menus
don't react.  Mouse moves though.

If I start a slideshow for JPG images, I get "Dsp: Stack underflow" whenever
Anyplayer switches to another image.

When starting MP3 playback, I get dialog that says:
	Cannot synchronize DSP
	CPU ID: MxP
	DSP ID: MsY
	[No DSP]
(After I click to the "No DSP" button, sound starts, without DSP I guess.)

If I disable DMA transfer use with MP3/DSP playback, everything works fine.

Old Pov-Ray rendered mpeg movies play in general fine, but I found one
(lipsync.mpg) which gives: "error communicating with DSP" dialog. After
OKing the dialog Aniplayer is stuck.

Any idea whether these are Aniplayer or Hatari Falcon emulation issues?

	- Eero

PS. A bit annoying thing with Aniplayer is that I need VGA + 80 col + double
lines off to be able to see the settings dialogs completely...