[hatari-devel] change in crossbar.c

npomarede at corp.free.fr npomarede at corp.free.fr
Sat Feb 20 12:43:05 CET 2010

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:

> Hello Eero,
>
> It's absolutely no problem :)
>
> I've uploaded the nearly last version of crossbar code.
> I won't change a lot now.
>
> Don't hesitate to comment this version (or speed it).
>
> While adding the volume control, I had to add 4 muls for each sound.
> If this takes too much time, perhaps we could add a parameter in the
> sound panel configuration (Falcon volume control (Yes/No).
>
> Any advise ?

I don't think this is a problem, running falcon programs in a compatible
way will anyway need a rather powerful machine. And also, even when
running sound at 44 kHz this will use only 882 samples per vbl, so not a
very noticeable impact when compared to the whole 68030 + video emulation.

If this is really needed for accuracy to get the same behaviour as a
falcon, I think in that case it's not necessary to make it optionnal.

Nicolas