[hatari-devel] Invoking Debugger under MacOsX

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Sat Feb 13 20:31:58 CET 2010

Hi,

On Saturday 13 February 2010, Jerome Vernet wrote:
> Because macOsX user are not Linux users. They like windows, buttons and
> menus ;), not a frustating Terminal !

In Linux it's trivial to get program running with Terminal without any need
to resort to command line.

Just:
- Right click on desktop
- Select "Create new..." -> "Link to application..."
- Enter to the dialog "Command" field:
	xterm -T "Hatari debug window" -e hatari
- Click OK

After this you have an icon on your desktop and clicking on it
opens you Hatari and a window for the Hatari debugger.

And as the resulting trivial .desktop file should be created by whoever
packages Hatari for Linux distros, Hatari users may not even know that
the debugger window is actually a terminal emulator.

> I've nearly found a way to show in a windows stderr/stdout.

Without command line editing, history and TAB-completion, Hatari
debugger will be really crappy to use.