[hatari-devel] Invoking the Debugger ?

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Fri Feb 12 23:45:58 CET 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 09 February 2010, Jerome Vernet wrote:
> In the OSX build, there is no way to invoke the debuger. I take some
> time to look in the sources but cannot find the way to launch it.

By default debugger is bound to AltGr + Pause keyboard shortcut.

> Is there a function I can call from the Cocoa SDLmain loop ?

Sorry, didn't notice this (it went to other folder as there was no "hatari"
on subject).

Yes, DebugUI() can be called to invoke the debugger.  You need to have
a terminal where you've run the program to use the debugger.

Other alternative is to use the Python UI, it includes simple debugger UI,
which uses the Hatari debugger through Hatari's remote control socket.