[hatari-devel] register locking in debugger

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Thu Feb 11 22:02:45 CET 2010

Hi,

On Thursday 24 December 2009, npomarede at corp.free.fr wrote:
> But in that case, I think that adebog or monst are way more powerful than
> Hatari debugger, with a built in window system, register locking, search
> in disasm mode, ...

Nicolas, the infrastructure is now ready for doing register locking
(I added "lock" as separate command which shares code with the "info"
command and for conditional breakpoints there was already code for
handling registers).

I was thinking of this kind of an "UI" for the register locking:
	lock regaddr <register name>

But what it should show when entering the debugger?  Disassembly from
the address pointed by the "locked" register, memory dump, or both?
For both data and address registers?

Laurent, what about DSP registers?

And should this kind of setting be saved to memory state file or
configuration file?