[hatari-devel] Issue with switching - fullscreen/windowed mode

Anders Eriksson ae at dhs.nu
Thu Feb 11 07:50:36 CET 2010

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, Matthias Arndt wrote:

> I'm 100% it can be done! As in the end all we need to have is define a
> scene with viewing a flat panel - and texture that panel with the
> current SDL screen contents.
>
> I'm interested what the OSX users like Anders have to say about this
> idea. I still think it's worth pursuing.

Well I've been complaining about überslow Hatari in OS X for years now,
and pinpointed SDL to be the fault. Nobdy seems to belive it though and
tell that it's my OS or that my computer is too slow.

So yes, moving to OpenGL would be wonderful, but again, I guess this does
not work well on some handheld Nokia, which seems to be the most
commonly used hardware for Hatari :)

--
Anders Eriksson
ae at dhs.nu     http://www.dhs.nu/