[hatari-devel] Issue with switching - fullscreen/windowed mode

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Wed Feb 10 20:30:23 CET 2010

Hi,

On Wednesday 10 February 2010, Kåre Andersen wrote:
> > If by "no problem" you mean it's feasible, of course ; but it will take
> > many hours/weeks of code to add an opengl layer and unless someone
> > wants to do it, I'm afraid it will just stay on the todo list.
> >
> >> I'm interested what the OSX users like Anders have to say about this
> >> idea. I still think it's worth pursuing.
> >
> > The problem is not the idea, the problem is "who will code it" :)
>
> Well, I already did, but no one seemed to care. Just using an
> opengl-context even gives scaling in window mode with no extra fuzz...

I care about the screen output, but before scaling the output, I first want
all the screen conversions to be fast (including mono mode).  You had code
for that, but before we can benchmark your new routines against the old
ones, the old ones need to be updated to do the screen updates similarly
(line based comparison & update instead of word/long based + skipping
blitting on screen the unused top & bottom part), so that we can see what
kind of performance difference there is (on different platforms) and whether
the difference comes from the conversion routine or the update area handling
change.

But as screen update stuff is already working functionality-wise, looking
into that again has been postponed by the debugger work (which is more
interesting for now as it adds nice new features :-)), bugs in GEMDOS
emulation etc...

> Now, I don't care anymore - and use linux instead to make it bareable.

I hope you like the new Hatari debugger features now that command line
is getting more familiar. ;-)