[hatari-devel] Issue with switching - fullscreen/windowed mode

Anders Eriksson ae at dhs.nu
Wed Feb 10 09:02:27 CET 2010

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> Btw. One more thing I forgot to mention in defence of CRTs :-)...
> Most LCDs I've seen, have a fixed, inferior refresh rate, usually 60Hz
> I think.  At least in earlier LCDs I've seen and used, this gives too
> flickery display for my tastes, and it cannot be used to emulate Atari 71Hz
> high-res display properly (for example Mgif had an image display mode which
> relied on that to work properly and which I've had used to view all my
> povray rendereing results)...

On a CRT, the refresh rate is important, but on a LCD it's not. They don't
flicker like CRT does. So a 60 Hz (or even 50..) is perfectly stable,
nothing like a CRT at all. Something tells me it's time you tested
some more modern hardware than mid 90's ;-)

--
Anders Eriksson
ae at dhs.nu     http://www.dhs.nu/