[hatari-devel] Issue with switching - fullscreen/windowed mode

Anders Eriksson ae at dhs.nu
Wed Feb 10 08:57:41 CET 2010

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> Is the resolution same as it was initially?  Others using Hatari on OSX
> don't seem to be having the same problem as you.

Yes the resolution comes back to what it was initially. A wild guess is
that perhaps not that many uses Photoshop and Hatari side-by-side.

> I still don't understand.  How do you expect Hatari to be able to do
> the scaling better?

By doing a scaling without interpolation.

Here's an image that compares nearest neighbour and bilinear filtering of
the ST desktop. I hope you can tell the difference now.

http://ae.dhs.nu/pics/scaling.png

A modern screen will apply filtering, which looks fine for images and
movies, but for lowres oldskool graphics, not.

> Hatari has many things that could be better, but if nobody else can
> reproduce the issue you have, even on OSX, that at least indicates that
> the issue is in your environment (besides meaning that it's impossible to
> fix the issue without help from you).

I have four machines with OS X, and all behave the same.

Macbook Pro C2D 2.2, GF8600, 1440x900, OSX 10.6
Macbook Pro C2D 2.4, GF9600, 1920x1200, OSX 10.6
Mac Mini C2D 1.83, GMA950, 1920x1080, OSX 10.6
Macbook CD 2.0, GMA950, 1280x800, OSX 10.5

As you can see, two CPU types, four differnt resolutions with both 16:10
and 16:9 aspect ratios, two OS versions and three different GPU's.

--
Anders Eriksson
ae at dhs.nu     http://www.dhs.nu/