[hatari-devel] Issue with switching - fullscreen/windowed mode

Jean-Baptiste Berlioz jb.berlioz at freemind-tobe.com
Tue Feb 9 21:15:57 CET 2010

>> Of course my LCD screens have "good scaling algorithms" but it's

Are you blind ? :)

>> interpolated scaling - it looks well on movies and images, but
>> not for pixel graphics which should have sharp edges not interpolated
>> such.
>
> I still don't understand.  How do you expect Hatari to be able to do
> the scaling better?

Nearest-neighbor interpolation looks better when scaling an low-res
picture to a high-res screen :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nearest-neighbor_interpolation

- switch to fullscreen, keep the desktop resolution.
- stretch the picture (nearest-neighbor)
- enjoy big sharp pixels

Tobé