[hatari-devel] Issue with switching - fullscreen/windowed mode

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Tue Feb 9 20:25:34 CET 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 09 February 2010, Anders Eriksson wrote:
> Well sorry I am not familiar with programming C and even less using SDL.
> And further on Cmake is not a part of Xcode, hence no such command found.

Google tells that CMake provides binaries for OSX:
	http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html

> I tried today to do resolution change with the OS, Photshop behaves well,
> it adapts fine to the new screen mode. I tested the Vice emulator,
> works fine coming from fullscreen as well. I used VMWare in
> fullscreen, no problems there either. However, for Hatari coming back
> from fullscreen Photoshop still belives the resolution is 800x600 and the
> toolbars are locked into the confied area. Totally unusable. Photoshop
> CS3.

Is the resolution same as it was initially?  Others using Hatari on OSX
don't seem to be having the same problem as you.

> Of course my LCD screens have "good scaling algorithms" but it's
> interpolated scaling - it looks well on movies and images, but
> not for pixel graphics which should have sharp edges not interpolated
> such.

I still don't understand.  How do you expect Hatari to be able to do
the scaling better?

> Anyway I give up, Hatari is perfect.

Hatari has many things that could be better, but if nobody else can
reproduce the issue you have, even on OSX, that at least indicates that
the issue is in your environment (besides meaning that it's impossible to
fix the issue without help from you).