[hatari-devel] Double bus error after resetting Hatari

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Sat Jan 30 20:39:03 CET 2010

Hi,

On Saturday 30 January 2010, Uwe Seimet wrote:
> When I start Hatari the first time the memory test is run. I press the
> space key and after some seconds the desktop appears. Now I press F12
> and select "Reset".

This does cold reset, so basically whole emulator state should be reseted.

> The memory test starts again, I press the space bar, and after a few
> seconds 4 bombs appear (address error) and a double bus fault is reported
> by Hatari.
>
> Selecting "Reset" obviously did not work correctly.

When looking at the reset.c, there's no call to an IDE Reset function and
when looking at ide.c, it doesn't even have such a function (hdc.c doesn't
have one for ACSI either).

E.g. FDC has one.  Feel free to implement an IDE reset function and send
a patch!   I know too little of IDE to do that...

> This is also
> reflected by the console output, which is different after starting
> Hatari the first time and after resetting Hatari:
>

> Hatari devel (Jan 28 2010), compiled on:  Jan 28 2010, 18:30:17
> Building CPU table for configuration: 68000 (compatible mode)
> IDE: Opening /home/us/hatari/idetest.img
> Detected scancode offset = 8 (key: 'space' with scancode $41)
> IDE bdrv_read error: (0 != 512 length) at sector 84279321!
> What does this bdrv_read error mean, by the way? I would have expected
> this message also to appear after resetting Hatari.

There was a read, but instead of the expected sector, read got only zero
bytes.  I think it means that the emulated code tried to read past the end
of the disk end.