[hatari-devel] Double bus error after resetting Hatari

Uwe Seimet Uwe.Seimet at seimet.de
Sat Jan 30 17:58:15 CET 2010

Hi,

With the current sources I get the message that a double bus fault was
detected, but in this case I think this message is caused by a bug in Hatari.
This is my setup: German TOS 2.06, ST, 32 MHz, a non-bootable IDE image,
no other images, resolution 640x400 mono.

When I start Hatari the first time the memory test is run. I press the
space key and after some seconds the desktop appears. Now I press F12
and select "Reset". The memory test starts again, I press the space bar,
and after a few seconds 4 bombs appear (address error) and a double bus
fault is reported by Hatari.
Selecting "Reset" obviously did not work correctly. This is also
reflected by the console output, which is different after starting
Hatari the first time and after resetting Hatari:

Hatari devel (Jan 28 2010), compiled on:  Jan 28 2010, 18:30:17
Building CPU table for configuration: 68000 (compatible mode)
IDE: Opening /home/us/hatari/idetest.img
Detected scancode offset = 8 (key: 'space' with scancode $41)
IDE bdrv_read error: (0 != 512 length) at sector 84279321!

Now I press F12, reset Hatari and after aborting the memory test I get 4
bombs and then this output:

Illegal IO memory access: IoMem_lput($ffffff)
M68000 Bus Error at address $fffffd.
M68000 Bus Error at address $fffff9.
M68000 Bus Error at address $fffff7.
M68000 Bus Error at address $ffffef.
M68000 Bus Error at address $fffff1.
M68000 Bus Error at address $fffff5.
Detected double bus error at address $fffff9, PC=$ea03e010 => CPU halted!

What does this bdrv_read error mean, by the way? I would have expected
this message also to appear after resetting Hatari.

Best regards

Uwe