[hatari-devel] User selectable threshold for window zooming

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Fri Jan 29 22:52:21 CET 2010

Hi,

On Friday 29 January 2010, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Except for the ST-medrez case in screen.c, I was just wondering why one
> would want to zoom vertical and horizontal directions by different
> amounts?   Does it make sense for Falcon?

Answering myself... Yes, it has interlace mode.  But I would like this
zoom-only-vertically thing to be done on Falcon only when it make
sense like it's done on ST medrez.

So, how do I know in hostscreen.c whether Falcon is using an interlaced
screen mode?

> Attached is a patch that makes the desired target window resolution
> selectable from the configuration file.  If resolution would still fit to
> that size when doubled, it will be doubled in both directions.

Any comments on the patch?  Only thing missing from it is the GUI
code for letting user to specify the target/max window size for doubling
and having a command line option for that + doc updates.

It will prevent Hatari from trying to use a resolution (e.g.
borders+doubling) that can be larger than what user wants it to use.

This is especially useful for the mobile OSes with fixed sized LCDs on which
creating larger than LCD sized SDL display surface fails and Hatari will
exit...  If users saved such a config before trying it, Hatari will never
again start up(!).

(On such OSes these limits along with suitable border sizes would of course
be set before hand in the system hatari.cfg.)

?