[hatari-devel] Wotanoid problem : final fix before commit

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Mon Jan 25 21:10:49 CET 2010

Hi,

On Monday 25 January 2010, LAURENT SALLAFRANQUE wrote:
> After that Georges reported that the files open under falcon with
> $ffffffff, I've written the patch diferently.
>
> I've separated the Falcon and St management.
> (This patch is just for the example, it can be cleaned before being
> commited).
>
> Do you think this way is better ?

George just tested that the change was between STE (TOS 1.6 I assume) and
Falcon (TOS 4.x I assume).  The change may still have happened in TOS 2 or
TOS 3.  And besides, one can also use EmuTOS with Falcon and that uses
signed value. :-)

Thomas, I think it would be fairly safe to change the value to unsigned.
There can't be many programs that rely on operating system calls like this
to *fail* when given parameters that are invalid in older TOS versions.

Only if we would be making a change in other direction i.e. returning
failure for some parameter that works in some other TOS version, the change
wouldn't make sense.

I would still like it to be pinpointed more accurately in which exact TOS
version this behaviour change happened so that we can document it
(at least in the source code).