[hatari-devel] IDE HD emulation error handling

Uwe Seimet Uwe.Seimet at seimet.de
Fri Jan 22 15:39:20 CET 2010

Hi,

> I think the IDE interfaces of the Ataris were only used for hard disks
> and CD-ROM drives. So I don't think that support of DVD, CF or SMART
> makes any sense in Hatari. And since Hatari does not support CD-ROM
> drive emulation either yet, a more complete ATAPI emulation also
> currently does not make any sense.

You can also use ATAPI DVD writers with the Atari. There is even a
commercial product with support available:

http://www.anodynesoftware.com/

In general any ATAPI devices can be used with the Atari's (Falcon's) IDE
port. When using a driver with SCSI Driver support the ATAPI device may
appear just like a SCSI device. (This is the case with the built-in SCSI
Driver of HDDRIVER.)

Best regards

Uwe