[hatari-devel] IDE & EmuTOS

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Wed Jan 20 20:01:49 CET 2010

Hi,

On Wednesday 20 January 2010, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > The bdrv_read() errors seem to be coming only(?) when I use EmuTOS.
> >
> > I guess it's a bug in EmuTOS.
>
> That's strange - EmuTOS does not have IDE support at all!

Well, Cecile at least sees the Hatari IDE disk after this:
hatari --machine falcon --tos etos512k.img --ide-master HDD-16MB.image
cecile.st

(Cecile icons are just black though.)

"IDE" & "Partition" dialogs work and "Valider" (OKing) the selections
doesn't produce errors from Cecile or Hatari.  It doesn't ask whether I want
to perform this potentially dangerous operation though, so it's possible
that this is (also) a bug in Cecile and it actually doesn't do anything.

After this clicking "Installer", selecting Hatari IDE disk and first
partition gives huge amount of stuff like this from Hatari:
--------
IDE bdrv_read error: (0 != 512 length) at sector 20004421!
IDE bdrv_read error: (0 != 512 length) at sector 20004422!
IDE bdrv_read error: (0 != 512 length) at sector 20004423!
IDE bdrv_read error: (0 != 512 length) at sector 20006205!
Bus error wput at 00400000
M68000 Bus Error at address $400000.
---------
And EmuTOS panics.

Note that if I do this on an already formatted & working IDE HD image, this
doesn't happen.  It happens only for an unformatted HD image (one created
with dd'ing /dev/zero as explained in Hatari manual).