[hatari-devel] CMake build system

Christer Solskogen christer.solskogen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 22:13:18 CET 2010

> D'oh! Yet another command that is only defined by an optional cmake module... and I forgot to include the corresponding module in the CMakeList.txt :-(
>
> It should be fixed now in the hg repository on the server...

Looks fine on Mac OS X too!
tenderheart:hatari solskogen$ ./configure
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Found READLINE: /usr/lib/libreadline.dylib
-- Found ZLIB: /usr/lib/libz.dylib
-- Found PNG: /opt/local/lib/libpng.dylib
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in
/opt/local/lib/libX11.dylib;/opt/local/lib/libXext.dylib
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in
/opt/local/lib/libX11.dylib;/opt/local/lib/libXext.dylib - found
-- Looking for gethostbyname
-- Looking for gethostbyname - found
-- Looking for connect
-- Looking for connect - found
-- Looking for remove
-- Looking for remove - found
-- Looking for shmat
-- Looking for shmat - found
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE - not found
-- Found X11: /opt/local/lib/libX11.dylib
-- Found PORTAUDIO: /opt/local/lib/libportaudio.dylib
-- Looking for include files HAVE_TERMIOS_H
-- Looking for include files HAVE_TERMIOS_H - found
-- Looking for include files HAVE_GLOB_H
-- Looking for include files HAVE_GLOB_H - found
-- Looking for include files HAVE_STRINGS_H
-- Looking for include files HAVE_STRINGS_H - found
-- Looking for include files HAVE_MALLOC_H
-- Looking for include files HAVE_MALLOC_H - not found.
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SDL_SDL_CONFIG_H
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SDL_SDL_CONFIG_H - not found.
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SYS_TIMES_H
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SYS_TIMES_H - found
-- Looking for include files HAVE_UNIX_DOMAIN_SOCKETS
-- Looking for include files HAVE_UNIX_DOMAIN_SOCKETS - found
-- Looking for cfmakeraw
-- Looking for cfmakeraw - found
-- Looking for setenv
-- Looking for setenv - found
-- Looking for select
-- Looking for select - found
getconf: no such configuration parameter `LFS_CFLAGS'
-- Found PythonInterp: /opt/local/bin/python2.6
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /Users/solskogen/source/hatari

Now you must type: make; make install
to actually build and install the software

But there are two things I wonder about. The first is this
'LFS_CFLAGS' - It looks like something from Linux From Scratch, but I
may be wrong. The other thing is that I wonder what my CFALGS are when
I use cmake. According what I can find out  I have "-g" as one of the
options. That makes sense if I build a debug build (--enable-debug)
but for anything else it would seem, in lack of better words, stupid.
Especially when I see in hatari.spec and in readme.txt that the choice
of CFLAGS is "-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer".
IMHO that should be the default CFLAGS when just running ./configure
without --enable-debug. Personally I think that "-O2 -pipe" would be
more than good enough, but I'm not /that/ much of a developer so bare
with me :)

--
chs