[hatari-devel] CMake build system

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Sun Jan 17 19:20:52 CET 2010

Hi,

On Sunday 17 January 2010, George Nakos wrote:
> P.S.  I  wanted  to  give portaudio a shot to see if it could cure the
> awful 1-sec delay the audio has in relation to the video.

Portaudio is needed only for the Falcon microphone/recording support.
If you don't care about that, you don't need portaudio.

As to the 1-sec delay, there's some delay in Hatari for the audio because of
the necessary buffering (to prevent audio skips when system is busy), but as
I don't think the delay is that large on Linux, I think it's something
specific to Windows version of SDL, or the Windows APIs it's using.