[hatari-devel] CMake build system

George Nakos ggn at hol.gr
Sun Jan 17 00:10:57 CET 2010

Hello Thomas,

>> Datum: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 15:03:31 +0200
>> Von: George Nakos <ggn at hol.gr>
>>
>> I'm  sad  to  report  that  it  didn't work on my Windows install with
>> mingw/msys.  It's  trying  to  create  nmake  makefiles,  which  isn't
>> present,  and  when  I try to force mingw makefiles it just doesn't go
>> ahead  (can't  remember  the  exact  error  atm), I even tried the gui
>> version,  but still no go. Also it seems that it needs to be spoon fed
>> with  some  paths/bins.  I  gave  up  on it after a couple of hours of
>> experimenting.
>>
>> All in all, no go here so far...

> Hi George,

> thanks for the feedback!
> there seems to be a special generator for MSYS:

> http://cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8-docs.html#gen:MSYSMakefiles

> Have you tried that one already?

> Apart from that, I still had some bugs in the scripts, causing the
> Makefile generation to fail if one of the _optional_ libraries like
> portaudio or readline was missing :-(
> Could you maybe do a quick test with the latest hg version again? Thanks!

Okay, tried hg pull/update, then tried to invoke cmake again. Still no
go.  I  experimented  again  (it's been quite a few days since I tried
it),  and I remembered where I got stuck: I don't know how to force it
to create mingw (or msys) makefiles.

Here's what I tried:

Administrator at Desktop ~/hatari/obj
$ cmake -G MSYS Makefiles ..
CMake Error: Could not create named generator MSYS

Administrator at Desktop ~/hatari/obj
$ cmake -G MinGW Makefiles ..
CMake Error: Could not create named generator MinGW

Dunno really. Something has to be in my PATH? Ideas?

--
Best regards,
 George                            mailto:ggn at hol.gr