[hatari-devel] CMake build system

Matthias Arndt marndt at asmsoftware.de
Sat Jan 16 13:37:19 CET 2010

Am Samstag, den 16.01.2010, 13:35 +0100 schrieb Matthias Arndt:
> Am Sonntag, den 10.01.2010, 12:39 +0100 schrieb Thomas Huth:
> > For testing it, please install "cmake", create an empty folder
> > somewhere and run cmake from there with the path to the sources as
> > argument. For example, if you are at the top of the sources:
> >
> >   mkdir obj
> >   cd obj
> >   cmake ..
> >
> > (you could also run "cmake ." from the top of the sources, but this
> > would currently overwrite the old Makefiles, which is certainly not
> > what you want)
> > It should configure the build process and generate Makefiles. Then you
> > can run "make" (and "make install") to build Hatari.
> > Then please have a look at the CMakeLists.txt files to see whether you
> > like the CMake syntax or not (and compare it to configure.ac ;-) )
> >
> > What do you think about it?
>
> Superb idea! I right away compiled a current CMake (2.8.0) to use and it
> seems to work with Hatari until linking. And the latter problem seems
> not CMake related.

*EDIT*
 It seems it is related :(

I get the following unresolved externals at link time with CMake but
with the oldstyle Makefiles it works ok.

-- CMake output as follows --

Linking C executable hatari
debug/libDebug.a(debugcpu.c.o): In function
`DebugCpu_MatchAddress':debugcpu.c:(.text+0x65b): undefined reference to
`Symbols_MatchByName'
debug/libDebug.a(debugcpu.c.o): In function
`DebugCpu_BreakPoint':debugcpu.c:(.text+0x69a): undefined reference to
`Symbols_MatchByName'
debug/libDebug.a(debugcpu.c.o): In function
`DebugCpu_LoadSymbols':debugcpu.c:(.text+0x9fb): undefined reference to
`Symbols_Free'
:debugcpu.c:(.text+0xa10): undefined reference to `Symbols_Load'
:debugcpu.c:(.text+0xa3b): undefined reference to `Symbols_ShowByName'
:debugcpu.c:(.text+0xa98): undefined reference to
`Symbols_ShowByAddress'
collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
make[2]: *** [src/hatari] Fehler 1
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/all] Fehler 2
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

Any ideas?

cheers,
Matthias