[hatari-devel] CMake build system

Matthias Arndt marndt at asmsoftware.de
Sat Jan 16 13:35:20 CET 2010

Am Sonntag, den 10.01.2010, 12:39 +0100 schrieb Thomas Huth:
> For testing it, please install "cmake", create an empty folder
> somewhere and run cmake from there with the path to the sources as
> argument. For example, if you are at the top of the sources:
>
>   mkdir obj
>   cd obj
>   cmake ..
>
> (you could also run "cmake ." from the top of the sources, but this
> would currently overwrite the old Makefiles, which is certainly not
> what you want)
> It should configure the build process and generate Makefiles. Then you
> can run "make" (and "make install") to build Hatari.
> Then please have a look at the CMakeLists.txt files to see whether you
> like the CMake syntax or not (and compare it to configure.ac ;-) )
>
> What do you think about it?

Superb idea! I right away compiled a current CMake (2.8.0) to use and it
seems to work with Hatari until linking. And the latter problem seems
not CMake related.

I will try with upcoming releases too and report.

One thing: the Makefile generation stopped for me until I had readline
and portaudio headers. Is it possible to make CMake detecting portaudio
being optional? It does compile for me so it would be great if it could
be simply disabled at compile time.

I simply edited the generated config.h to set HAVE_PORTAUDIO to 0 but
IMHO that's just a workaround.

cheers,
Matthias
--