[hatari-devel] Big problems with bus error on Falcon

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Thu Jan 14 21:31:50 CET 2010

Hi,

On Thursday 14 January 2010, Thomas Huth wrote:
> Laurent Sallafranque <laurent.sallafranque at free.fr> wrote:
> > In complement, for Tron 2001, we have the following message.
> >
> > > M68000 Bus Error at address $f00000.
> > I've added (just to see) the following line into IoMemtabFalcon :
> >
> >     { 0xf00000, SIZE_BYTE, IoMem_VoidRead, IoMem_VoidWrite
> > },                               /* No bus error here */
>
> IO memory starts at 0xf80000, at 0xf00000 there is the IDE memory space
> (see uae-cpu/memory.c).
>
> ==> Simply enable an IDE hard disk image an the bus error should be
> gone!

It does go away and the program starts, it doesn't even need DSP.

It's "Tron2001 demo.  Game by ICE" from Umich:
http://www.umich.edu/%7Earchive/atari/Falcon/Games/tron2001.lzh

Seems to non-interactive demo, I'll move it to demos in compatibility list
and note that it needs IDE image attached and starts in wrong resolution
so graphics are wrong.