[hatari-devel] Big problems with bus error on Falcon

Laurent Sallafranque laurent.sallafranque at free.fr
Wed Jan 13 23:18:06 CET 2010

Hello,

> M68000 Bus Error at address $f00000.

I've seen many programs that does Bus error on Hatari Falcon.
I've corrected the Illusion demo yesterday (I added void read/write for
a certain address in IoMemtabFalcon).
There was already a similar patch 1 line before the one I've added
yesterday (probably to let run another program).

Another strange thing : the game conquest stops with a bus error at
address $ff8901.
This address is mapped in IoMemTabFalcon and in Crossbar.c
This is really strange.

Many programs are doing Illegal Rom writing. (I haven't verified if they
are not just trying to read the Rom).

I was asking myself if there isn't a problem with memory reading/writing ?

Is it possible on the real hardware to read at a N/A address without
receiving bombs ?
(Perhaps we shouldn't be so strict)

The problem is that I haven't got the real hardware to make tests on my own.

Regards,

Laurent