[hatari-devel] Debugger Question

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Mon Jan 11 23:17:34 CET 2010

Hi,

On Monday 11 January 2010, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
> I'd like to add a "componet" debugging to the debugger.
>
> I'm starting to have a look at the Videl component, and I've written this:
>
> /**
>  * VIDEL_disasmRegisters : display the Videl registers values.
>  */
> void VIDEL_disasmRegisters(void)
>

> I'd like to get the whole register values of the Videl at once with one
> debugger command. Something like "vd" for videl disasm would be great.
>
> I could do the same for the crossbar (command cd for crossbar
> disassemble ?).
>
> Do you think we could add this function to the debugger ?

I was thinking of adding an "info" function to the debugger which could
provide this kind of information.  We could then have:
	info videl
	info crossbar
	info tos
	info program
etc.

(These things don't need to have one or two letter acronyms because
I can add TAB completion for them like I've done for some of the other
debugger commands.)

However, if the provided information is machine specific (videl is Falcon
only etc) or OS specific (TOS vs. MiNT...), it should have appropriate
checks and show something like:
	"No Videl"
when the HW or OS is not running.

If you add these kind of functions to debug/info.c file:
	void Info_Videl(void)
I can do the integration & TAB completion.