[hatari-devel] Debugger Question

Laurent Sallafranque laurent.sallafranque at free.fr
Mon Jan 11 22:38:23 CET 2010

Hello Eero,

I'd like to add a "componet" debugging to the debugger.

I'm starting to have a look at the Videl component, and I've written this :

/**
 * VIDEL_disasmRegisters : display the Videl registers values.
 */
void VIDEL_disasmRegisters(void)
{
    fprintf(stderr, "$FF8006 : monitor type                     :
%02x\n", IoMem_ReadByte(0xff8006));
    fprintf(stderr, "$FF820E : offset to next line              :
%04x\n", IoMem_ReadWord(0xff820e));
    fprintf(stderr, "$FF8282 : HHT - Horizontal Hold Timer      :
%04x\n", IoMem_ReadWord(0xff8282));
    fprintf(stderr, "$FF82C2 : VMD - Video mode                 :
%04x\n", IoMem_ReadWord(0xff82c2));
    fprintf(stderr, "\n");
}

I'd like to get the whole register values of the Videl at once with one
debugger command.
Something like "vd" for videl disasm would be great.

I could do the same for the crossbar (command cd for crossbar
disassemble ?).

Do you think we could add this function to the debugger ?

Regards,

Laurent