[hatari-devel] spec512 using blitter on STE

npomarede at corp.free.fr npomarede at corp.free.fr
Fri Jan 8 23:27:07 CET 2010

Hello,

while looking at the wrong colors displayed in the intro of the STE 20th
year demo, I was able to get a correct result by simulating color changes
16 cycles earlier for all blitter writes.

These are the current (wrong) timings :

cpu video_cyc= 32828  60@ 64 : 0001caae: 2689 1885 43e9 0050 51cb MOVE.L A1,(A3)
IO write.l $ff8a24 = $00043e28
cpu video_cyc= 32840  72@ 64 : 0001cab0: 1885 43e9 0050 51cb ffd0 MOVE.B D5,(A4)
IO write.b $ff8a3c = $c0
blitter write ctrl=c0 video_cyc=32840 72 at 64 pc=1cab2 instr_cyc=8
IO write.w $ff8250 = $0000
write col addr=ff8250 col=0 video_cyc_w=32860 line_cyc_w=92 @ nHBL=64/video_hbl_w=64 pc=1cab2 instr_cyc=8
IO write.w $ff8252 = $0888
write col addr=ff8252 col=888 video_cyc_w=32868 line_cyc_w=100 @ nHBL=64/video_hbl_w=64 pc=1cab2 instr_cyc=8
IO write.w $ff8254 = $0088
write col addr=ff8254 col=88 video_cyc_w=32876 line_cyc_w=108 @ nHBL=64/video_hbl_w=64 pc=1cab2 instr_cyc=8
IO write.w $ff8256 = $0111

to get correct pictures, ff8250 should be changed at cycle 76, not 92, for
example.

JB / Tobe are you still around ? Do you have any idea of what's wrong ?
(this works fine under steem, which is odd because I had the feeling
latest hatari had better blitter's timings than steem for many demos)

Nicolas