[hatari-devel] Bug in File_Length (file.c)?

Uwe Seimet Uwe.Seimet at seimet.de
Sat Dec 19 13:05:06 CET 2009

Hi,

> I've checked that, too, and sizeof(off_t) seems to be 4 on my system.
> There seem to be some magic #defines which can be used to increase the
> size of off_t on certain systems, but this also seems to be
> non-portable.

Looks as if a 32 bit platform is simply not powerful enough to emulate
an old Atari computer :-).
Anyway, using ftello instead of ftell might be a good idea in any case.
ftello should work at least as good as ftell with huge files, and on
some systems it might work better. Setting the #define will probably
also help without doing any harm.

Best regards

Uwe