[hatari-devel] ACSI/DMA emulation issues

Uwe Seimet Uwe.Seimet at seimet.de
Wed Dec 2 22:24:09 CET 2009

Hi,

> I don't think that we should generally update the DMA counter ... we
> should only update it in case we've really transfered bytes to the
> memory. So I've committed a change now that update the DMA only in
> these cases. Together with your TEST UNIT READY patch, HDDriver now
> seems to work :-)

Almost ;-). I have some issues regarding ACSI, but they might be general
ones, i.e. not related to HDDRIVER.

1. TOS 3.06 cannot boot from an ACSI drive. TOS reads the root sector and
then does not continue with reading the executable boot sector. Booting
from an IDE drive with TOS 4.0 works.
2. Eject all drives except the ACSI drive, reboot. Now press F12 and
re-add the GEMDOS drives. Reboot. The system will not boot, as if the
GEMDOS drives are not present.
3. When copying many files to a partition of an ACSI drive GEMDOS
reports a write error. This does not happen when only copying a few
files, and it does not happen when copying the same files to an IDE
drive. My guess is that this is not a bug related to the DMA counter but
that there is still a bug in the emulation of ACSI commands as such.

Best regards

Uwe