[hatari-devel] GEMDOS mount issues

Eero Tamminen eerot at users.berlios.de
Sun Nov 15 15:08:41 CET 2009

Hi,

On Sunday 15 November 2009, Uwe Seimet wrote:
> There is an item on my wish list concerning the AUTO folder of GEMDOS
> drives: Is there any way to tell hatari the order these files are
> started? A real Atari uses the physical file order, but for GEMDOS
> drives there is no physical order. In order to have any control at all
> on the order of starting files located in the AUTO folder it might be
> useful if hatari would find/start the oldest (or newest) files first.
>
> This way one could influence the startup order by modfying timestamps.

On quick glance, gemdos.c seems to be alphasorting the directory contents.
Maybe you could just add an ordering prefix to the files?

> > * When invoking a large copy, I see messages like this being output by
> >  Hatari:
> >	no path for /home/eero//GEMDOS-HD/E/mint/1-16-cur/./..
> >	no path for /home/eero//GEMDOS-HD/E/tools/./*.*

After using Hatari debugger "trace gemdos" command:

GEMDOS Fsetdta(0x5470e)
GEMDOS Fsfirst(".\*.*", 0x37)
no path for /home/eero/down/st/diskstuff/GEMDOS-HD/E/auto/./*.*
conv .\*.* -> /home/eero/down/st/diskstuff/GEMDOS-HD/E/auto/./*.*
GEMDOS Fsnext()
GEMDOS Fsnext()
GEMDOS Fsnext()
GEMDOS Fsnext()
GEMDOS Fsnext()
GEMDOS Fsetdta(0xe594)
GEMDOS call 0x49
GEMDOS Fsetdta(0xe594)
GEMDOS Fsfirst("E:\*.*", 0x3f)
conv E:\*.* -> /home/eero/down/st/diskstuff/GEMDOS-HD/E/*.*

GEMDOS Fsetdta(0x5473a)
GEMDOS call 0x49
GEMDOS Dsetpath(".\..")
no path for /home/eero/down/st/diskstuff/GEMDOS-HD/E/driver/xdd/audio/./..
didn't find
filename /home/eero/down/st/diskstuff/GEMDOS-HD/E/driver/xdd/audio/./..
conv .\.. -> /home/eero/down/st/diskstuff/GEMDOS-HD/E/driver/xdd/audio/./..
GEMDOS Fsnext()
GEMDOS Dsetpath("DSP56K")

So it seems that the path handling isn't initially handling ".\" prefix
right by removing it, but after converting the slashes and checking
the paths normally, it actually works.

To me it seems that the message is actually redundant.  Let's see what
happens after I handle the prefix.

> On my Linux box I regularly get these messages:
>
> no path for /home/us/TT.hatari/C/etc/passwd
> no path for /home/us/TT.hatari/C/etc/passwd
> no path for /home/us/TT.hatari/C/etc/group
> no path for /home/us/TT.hatari/C/etc/group

But your case seems different, can you provide trace logs?